FOS (Fructooligosaccharides) also called Oligofructose
Healthy Intestinal and Tummy Support
WHAT IS FOS?
FOS is short for Fructooligosaccharides, which is also referred to Oligofructose, which are in all natural classes of carbohydrates found in bananas, tomatoes, artichokes, onions, garlic, and other fruits and vegetables and can be used as an alternative sweetener. They are naturally occurring compounds and a normal part of the average diet.
WHAT DOES FOS DO?
Research has found that FOS selectively promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestines. FOS is essentially non-digestible in humans, but is selectively utilized by certain acid producing bacteria such as: Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli including acidophilus. In other words, FOS promotes intestinal health.
BENEFITS OF FOS:
- Prebiotic - Supports the growth of healthy bacteria in the digestive track
- Reduces Blood Sugar
- Helps Lower Cholesterol
- Good Source of Fiber - Absorbs water in the intestines
- Promotes Healthy Gut Bacteria
HOW MUCH FOS SHOULD YOU TAKE?
One teaspoon per day taken daily for eight weeks increases the beneficial bacteria 5-fold. At this level, FOS can help you establish and maintain a healthful intestinal flora.
Just one teaspoon daily provides a convenient and inexpensive way to secure the benefits found in the equivalent of 6 1/2 bananas or 8 tomatoes.
DOES IT HAVE TO BE REFRIGERATED?
No! FOS is shelf stable and unlike acidophilus requires no refrigeration.
- Imbalances in healthy intestinal bacteria can be caused by certain intestinal disorders and antibiotic therapy, leading to symptoms including constipation, diarrhea, gas, and bloating.
- A unique formulation of human intestinal bacteria with FOS should be used to help re-establish and maintain a healthy balance of “microflora” in the small and large intestines.
- Plant Enzyme Cellulose functions like cellulose produced naturally by intestinal bacteria in breaking down dietary fiber. Breakdown of dietary fiber and gut bacteria produces important by products such as butyric acid, a key source of energy for cells which line the colon.
This product contains no dairy products, wheat, gluten, yeast, corn, soy, eggs, salt, coloring, flavoring, preservatives, or artificial ingredients.
*** This product is not to be sold for treatment, prevention, cure or mitigation of disease. This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. ***